Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Update (Including Larna's run in with the Grinch!)

OK, you may think this is easy but this is my third time trying to post this! I keep deleting by accident! Someone with some computer sense needs to be doing this!

First, Larna's encounter with The Grinch: The way I heard it, Larna came home one evening, walking in on none other but The Grinch! He was making off with her Christmas tree, all the lights, and even the glass ornaments! Startled, "My sweet Larna," the ol' Grinch lied, "There's a light on this tree that won't light on one side. So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear. I'll fix it up there. Then I'll bring it back here."
Larna said, "Mr. Grinch, I'm NOT Cindy-Lou Who! Now, put those things back, and see that you do!" But, there broke out a tussle, a fight you might say, and that Grinch wears the scars to this very day! Now rumors are flying, Larna fell at her house. But, I got the truth from an old Christmas mouse.

Church Magazines: If your subscription is getting close to expiring, you can log on to http://www.ldscatalog.com/ and renew before you miss any issues.

Tithing Settlement: Please make an appointment soon. Bishop Curtis is waiting!

Sister Vicki Martineau gave a terrific lesson today. She gave us a quote from the L.A. Temple matron which was stated because of the recent problems there. However, Vicki urged us to use it for our own lives. "Inside the house of the Lord all was well and peace was abundant." Even when the world is crazy, peace is offered at he Lord's house.
Also, Vicki asked us to "Invite the Saviour into our homes and Christmas season by serving others."

And, three of our RS sisters received new calling and were sustained today. I can only remember two of them. So, someone log on and tell us who they were!

Make sure you are reading the sidebars. We'd LOVE some input there.

No comments: