Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Wish For You

On this day, I wish you a night of restful sleep and dreams
that hold sweet anticipation of the magical year which lies ahead.
I wish you answers to your most precious prayers.
I wish you a new year full of energy and health
so that you may play and laugh with friends, family and loved ones.
And also, that you may work at the things you love
making our world a better place.
I wish you endless cozy nights in front of warm, crackling fires.
An imagination to fill boxes full of fantasies
that only elves and fairies can watch over and protect.
I wish you musical brilliance that will send your
soul soaring
with all the melodies of all the songs ever sung;
songs which can take you places you have never been
but have always wanted to go.
I wish you a 2009 full of new friends
that will add to your growth and expansion
because of their new ideas and talents.
But I also wish you the continuing love of old friends
to enrich your life.
I wish you the reward of pure truth
which stays forever constant
just as the tree of this season stays forever green.
I wish you a year of security
knowing that angels encircle you with watchful care
to lift you from any despair and make your dreams come true.
I wish you the talent to decorate your life
with brilliant ornaments of tolerance, love and patience
and a determination to lay worry aside.
I wish you a year where you will have the opportunity
to acquire the possessions you desire
and that they will shine as you share lovingly with others.
I wish you a year that will sharpen your ability
to appreciate the beauty on the outside of people,
always knowing that the real treasures lie within.
I wish for you a knowledge of your own divine worth,
that you may recognize
your physical, spiritual, emotional, and professional greatness.
That you will allow yourself to be placed openly in view of all people
and let your influence shine
because of the love that comes from our Savior.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Dottie Grimes said...

Thank you! That is such a sweet and happy forecast of blessings! A reminder of all we should pray and strive for and expect this coming new year! --Dottie