Friday, January 23, 2009

You get to VOTE!

Well, not vote exactly but your opinion is being asked for. The RS presidency wants to know what kinds of things you would like to do for mid week activities? One suggestion was home made lotion. Sounds fun! Anything else you'd like to participate in? Also for a "Enrichment Day" activities.

Also, There has been some discussion about having a social gathering after the block on one Sunday a month, or once a quarter. Everyone is starving after the block so we'd do a pot luck or have hot bread and jam, or scones, something easy and just visit. Many wards do this to promote the brother/sisterhood of the ward and the Bishopric is interested to know if we think it is something we'd like to do. Sound fun? I'm IN!

4 comments:

The Kelly's said...

I think that sound wonderful, I'm in.

Dottie Grimes said...

I've wanted to do a Linger Longer for many months now to get to know the new people who have moved into the ward. Great idea!

I would also suggest doing a progressive dinner to visit some of the new homes that have been built. Or just a tour. We did this several years ago as a garden tour through the ward, and it was very fun. Only those who want to participate would open their homes, but I know when you have a new house, it's fun to show it off.

Phyllis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

Phyllis Jensen says: As for me I'm out. I just want to come home and crash after services and in trying to keep my life simplified, I already have enough "good things" to keep me busy on Sunday. I really do want to spend it with my family as much as possible. Although, I love to socialize.